Friday, February 20, 2009

Another sister in Christ!

I am so excited!! One of my students came into my classroom during the lunch hour today and I was able to lead her to the Lord!! Woo Hoo!! She was frustrated and crying because she wants to be good but she can't do it all the time. So I shared with her that the only reason I can be good is because I've asked Jesus to live in my heart and be my boss. She goes to a Catholic church nearby and she is very involved with their youth group. She knew about Jesus and how he died on the cross. But, she didn't realize she could have a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus. We talked about how Jesus died on that cross to pay the punishment for us because we just can't be good and we keep being bad. But, he took our punishment, so if we ask him to clean out our heart and be in charge, He promises He will and He will never leave us! She prayed all by herself and sweetly ended her prayer with, "well, I guess that's about it." So I said Amen and we hugged! It was so awesome!! We talked about how life wouldn't be perfect now, but Jesus is in her heart, so whenever she is having trouble, she can pray for the Lord's help - and that I would be there anytime she needed me, as well. Please pray for this precious young lady. She wants so badly to make good decisions, but she's just 12! Such a hard time of life! OOOHH so exciting!!!

2 comments:

Angie Lynn said...

SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

To God be the glory... said...

How wonderful this is. I am working at Abilene High School these days. Opportunities arise every day to at least listen, pray, and then everyone once in awhile to share the truth.