Saturday, February 21, 2009

That boy will be the death of me!!

My baby boy got his foot stuck in an escalator today!! We were at the mall, and he wanted to be like Elf - the Will Farrell movie - but his croc got caught in the stair and it started pulling his toe in. No matter how much I pulled, I couldn't get him out!! I was panicked! The man in front of us was screaming for someone to press the stop button. Karis was screaming, Koleman was screaming, I was screaming...AUGH! I can't remember being that scared!! Khris came running (he was at a nearby kiosk). They got it stopped right before we were at the bottom, and I was able to pull him out - but his poor big toe was dark purple and a lady that said she was a nurse said it was probably broken. So, someone got him ice from the nearby Starbucks and we had a chat with security before they had to dismantle the escalator to remove his shoe which was still wedged halfway into it. I don't know how - but he is completely unscathed! We took him to "A Cute Urgent Care" and got x-rays - but we knew right away (when he tiptoed to see the screen) that he was just fine. The whole ride home - I could barely breathe. My neck was all tense, I wanted to throw up...in those moments, you can't help but wonder "what if?" But, the truth is - God protected my baby once again - and we can further confirm that that crazy boy will probably be the death of me!!

No comments: