Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bored...

There's nothing good to watch on TV these days, I haven't found a good book to read in a while, my house is staying clean because we're trying to sell it, I did the budget and all the paperwork yesterday, and we're having another showing today right after church, so I can't make lunch! I've checked my email, read all my facebook, downloaded scrapbooking stuff, and drank my cup of coffee...and it's only 6:41 am! Gracious!!!

So, I decided to update my blog...

Khris and I are still waiting anxiously to hear from someone in Haiti who needs us to take care of one of the many children who need help right now. Our church has 11 families who are at the top of the list for 3 different organizations. But, there's so much red tape and rebuilding occurring, that they haven't processed any new children yet...so we wait.

Today will be our 8th showing this week!!! That's awesome if you like a clean house!! tee hee The good news is, no one didn't like the house...it just wasn't "the" one. So, we're still praying for the right family to come through. I'm so excited for the day when we are debt-free!!!

Kensey is still on a junior dance company and absolutely loving it! Karis is still in chef school...after a brief haitus in ballet which she hated...and she now says she will never quit chef school again! Koleman is back in karate, now that football is over.

Our church family is going through an awesome time of worship together called 40 days of desperation. It has been an incredible experience for all of us! God is definitely doing some amazing things in Prosper!! Last night, 2 of our life connection classes (the Senior Adults and our Empty-nesters) had a Vaentine party and it was SOOO much fun! We laughed so much my head hurt! What a wonderful group of people!! Today, we'll be enjoying the Super Bowl with 2 more life connection groups - mine and the other class of people our age. What a fun weekend!

I finally scanned in all the extra pictures people had given me from 2009 and finished scrapbook pages for them...



OK...I have talked about nothing ling enough...time to find another activity!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

maybe it's just from boredom...but it's good to see you blogging again! miss you guys.

To God be the glory... said...

Valinda,Are you a friend with Karen Kingsbury on Facebook? Have you read any of her books? I know your Mom has since your sister use to work in an office where the books use to come right off the printer. Karen is on Facebook. She has children she and her husband adopted from Haiti. She has some orphanages listed on her wall. Check it out.