Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So proud I can't see straight!

My sweet sugarbear, Kensey (10), has been sharing about Jesus Christ and how he died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin, with a little girl who recently moved to her school. The little girl had never heard of Jesus' love for her. Kensey wanted so badly to be able to buy her a Bible, but she didn't have quite enough money. So, Khris and I decided to help her out and we found a wonderful Bible for kids that had daily devotionals in it. We bought Kensey a copy of the same Bible so she could do the devotionals with her friend. She and her friend have spent every day at recess having a little Bible study on the playground. Her friend was soaking it up! Kensey has prayed for her, prayed for her family, and studied different ways to share God's love with her. This morning, Kensey called her Daddy, crying, because she just had the ooportunity to pray with her friend as she asked Jesus to come into her heart and forgive her of her sins. How exciting!! I am so thankful for the wonderful teachers who have helped us teach Kensey to love the Lord and share the gospel. I am so thankful for our new children's minister taking our 4th and 5th graders to camp this weekend where they spent 12 concentrated hours talking about scriptures on how to share their faith!! I am so thankful for my Sunday School class who has been praying for my child and her evangelistic heart. My heart is full!! I am completely unworthy to be blessed with this precious little girl!! Thank you, Lord, for allowing her to participate in your kingdom today!!!

3 comments:

To God be the glory... said...

Very special blog. I am so happy for all of you.

Patti Jones said...

So precious ... so proud of her! I told Jarrett about it and he ha a huge grin on his face. Way to go God! And way to go Kensey for being his little missionary!

Bartley Family said...

So proud of Kensey Loo - Kelsie came home and told me that Kensey led a kid to Christ at school. We are so blessed to have the children we have and to be in a church that is FAMILY! Love you guys.