Friday, January 16, 2009

The bad part of blogging...

OK so the downside of blogging is that the only thing I have to share today is all the crazy stuff my son Koleman has done this week...and I'm certain I will not sound like SuperMom by the end of this...but it was funny...so I'm going to share:

Koleman is officially my first child to go to the prinicipal's office for a bad reason! He got in a fight at school the other day. Now, this story will lose something in translation, because when he tells it, he can't say his "r"s so it's much cuter! But, apparently, he and another little boy were wanting to play Star Wars and he said, "we didn't have light sabers and we didn't have guns, so we had to use our punches!" One of their "punches" was a little too hard, and it flipped a switch in one of those boys and it's all down hill from there. AUGH!! The good news is that we had a conference with his teacher and she assured us that Koleman is a good little boy who had a normal boy reaction and he is in no way a "bully" or "too rough". Whew - what a relief!!

I wish I were finished with the stories...um...but I'm not. He also has decided it's hilarious to draw "boobies" on the animals of his friends in Sunday School...great!! We have had to have a talk with him about privates are called privates because they're PRIVATE!!! Don't talk about that stuff with anyone but mommy, daddy and a doctor!!! Gracious, child, could you at least spread out the excitement??!

And...(yes, there's more) I got 2 phone calls from the school nurse this week for "head injuries". What?! Do boys really have to be so fearless?! He keeps falling off monkey bars and then yesterday he got pushed off his scooter, while he was on it and moving!! The nurse said he should get a "Golden Globe" award because he already knows how to come in and say he's dizzy and wants to "thwow up"!

So...aren't ya'll glad I'm back to blogging...so I can make ya'll all feel like better mothers than me?! :)

5 comments:

Angie Lynn said...

Well... consider myself warned! I was hoping stitches were the worst of it but it looks like it's just the beginning. I'm so glad you're going through the "boy-thing" first so you can forewarn me! LOVE the layout slideshow by the way!

MAMA CEO said...

LOL! That is too funny, and all the more interesting because I myself go through it on a daily basis! I don't understand boys at all! But I am very grateful for the boy that I do have...life is never dull with him around...:)

Jill said...

That is way too funny!! AND...You are an AWESOME mom! Koleman is just a boy...trust me...I've been there...twice! I have already told you the story of sidewalk chalk and "bobs".

You missed one of Koleman's adventures this week! Remember, on Wednesday night he fell out of the boat into the Nile River and got eaten by crocodiles!! Jenna was still talking about that at breakfast on Thursday morning. Imaginations gone wild I say!!!

Tricia said...

I very much love these stories. :)

My parents have long said that if I were there only child, they would have written volumes on parenting. But they had another child: my brother. Who humbled them and showed them that the whole experience had far less to do with their ability.

Boys.

(YOU are a great mom.)

To God be the glory... said...

Aren't you glad you only have one boy?