Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm in love!

I was just sitting here wanting to blog about something, but not really sure what to share about. I could tell you about what Koleman said this weekend. He was spending the night with a friend and they went to a family member's house for dinner. The man of the house said, "Well, hello, what's your name?" and Koleman replied, "I'm Koleman Dean Kennedy - I'm the preacher's son!" tee hee Our friend's response, "Yeah, cuz there's only one preacher in Prosper!" tee hee.

Or I could share about how precious Karis was yesterday when she came home from spending the night with her friend. She snuggled up with Daddy on the couch and I came over and started smooching her face and she let out a big contented sigh that made Khris and I both giggle. We love that our babies are so happy and content!

Or I could talk about how worried I was about Kensey yesterday. She had an allergic reaction (I think to cats) and her eye swelled shut, her nose and ears were all congested, she had hives, she was breathing heavy - you know the routine. I watched her and remembered back to my childhood. I don't want this for her! I don't want her to be out of shape because she's afraid to exert energy for fear of an athsma attack. I don't want her to be the weird kid that can't go to certain people's homes because they have cats. I don't want her to have to deal with all the itching, sneezing, coughing, swelling, etc. I don't want to worry as I drive to the emergency care place to get a steroid - and then watch her gain weight from said steroids - OH - I worry too much!!

But, as I looked at my computer screen, trying to decide what to write about, I looked into those beautiful steely blue eyes my husband has and I let out my own contented happy sigh. That man is so incredibly wonderful!! Did you know he has NEVER gotten on my case about the house being clean? He is always the first one to tell me to rest or take a nap INSTEAD of cleaning! Did you know he makes coffee every night so that when I wake up in the morning, I have fresh coffee waiting for me? (and it's all old by the time he gets some - if he gets any at all before he has to leave) Did you know he is constantly complementing me? Did you know he says in front of our children, "I sure do love your momma" so much that my kids now roll their eyes - "yeah, we know..." Did you know he clears the dinner table while I load the dishwasher every night? Did you know he buys me shoes and clothes alot. I don't even have to bat my eyes!! He just likes to spoil me! I have to be careful to mention anything I might want - because he'll go get it for me!! He is the first one to suggest getting something to eat at a resteraunt if I'm tired! He makes me breakfast when we're running late for school. He calls me and texts me just to say "I love you" or "I missed you today". He is absolutely amazing and I love him more than I can express in words!!! I am so incredibly blessed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for doing the blog, Valinda. I love getting to follow along and see what's happening with your family. I so wish I could be closer! And I'm glad you appreciate your good man...aren't good men just the best?! Love you.... Shanon

Anonymous said...

Valinda,
What a nice testament.
I loved every word.
Keep up the good work.....So happy for you and your family....stay in love....
Mikie Hammett

Toni said...

i looooooooooooooooooove this blog!! :-)